About Me

My photo
I love makeup. For 2 years now I've been following beauty blogs and logging into YouTube to check out all the new trends. This is my sophomore blog.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Drugstore Haul

Alright, even thought Project 10 Pan has not been completed, I just needed to pick up a few things at Ulta. Looking at Christine's swatches from MAC to the beach is just killing me (Temptalia does MAC to the Beach)

So here are my goodies:

Bare Minerals Lipgloss in Rose
I got this as a sample for free from a Bare Minerals marketing truck downtown. Non-sticky and has a beautiful color with a semi-strong coconutty-beachy scent (whatever that is). I would never buy this color myself, but, surprisingly, it looks really good on and it is quite hydrating.









Bare Minerals Pure-Radiance All over Face Color



I got this too from the marketing truck. Very pretty highlighter. Reminds me a little of MAC's Petticoat, but lighter and more subtle. Very finely milled, so it can be applied in a more natural manner. I've only tried one other Bare Minerals product and wasn't crazy about it, but this item piques my interest in the brand. I may just have to try more of their products.


Psssssst Dry Shampoo
I got this last week and today was my first opportunity to try it out. I've never used a dry shampoo before, so I didn't quite know what to expect- other than what I've heard about dry shampoos in general. This is nice- it says no odor, but I likened the scent to something Bath & Bodyworks put out a while back- Lime Verbena Body Spray. Not bad and not over powering. It's effective with a light covering of your roots- isn't a white spray either like most dry shampoos that may leave your hair with a white overcast.



Aveda Foot Lotion

This isn't new and it's also not from the drugstore (oops), but I recently found this laying in the back of my makeup drawer and am trying to use up samples. Very hydrating and comes packed with a minty punch- which depending on your needs- can be nice for it's masking abilities. Aveda's lotion is pretty thick and I found that I needed more than expected to cover everything and saturate my heels and dry parts. Will probably pick up a full sized version as soon as I finish my LUSH Pied de Pepper Foot Lotion.

Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner

Ok, again this is not from the drugstore, not recent and not full sized (sorry!), but it does deserve honorable mention for its effectiveness. I, I think like most women am obsessed with ridding my face of blackheads and clogged pores, so I was thrilled when Sephora was offering this sample up for rewards points. It's a large size (.4oz) and you only need a little for each application. Once applied, the gel quickly dries and hardens on  your face (that sounds weird, but it's drying up the oil). After about 10 minutes, I wash off and I've noticed my pores are much cleaner. I will definitely buy this when my sample is finished (but that may be a while!).

NYC Color Creme Stick Blushable in Plaza Pink

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!! I heard about this from youtube  and when I came across it in Ulta snatched it up. It's a beautiful pinky peach color, but the cream texture is great and makes application easy and luminous. I said in my video this may be a dupe for MAC's hipness blush that will be released with MAC to the beach- but I'm not quite sure. I guess I will need to buy it to swatch :)
Here's a swatch on my hand.






Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Dance


I think College Fashion (yes that's right) was talking about a variety of bronzers at different price points that were great. This was the cheapest (at $4.99), so I had to give it a shot. It looks kind of orangey in the pan, but it doesn't show up orange at all once applied. A nice bronzy color with some shimmer- not a lot, but mild. I think I may use this on my cheek bones with my other bronzers to build more color. Ulta had a buy one Rimmel get the second at 50% off.

Rimmel Blush in Autumn Catwalk

Decided to pick this up from the review on Makeupandbeautyblog as well as the great discount the store was offering. The brush is terrible, like most compacts, so I'd throw that out. The blush itself is nice- powdery, but nice. The color payoff is good with three variations of pink: a light, medium and hot pink. I've only worn the colors separately, not together yet. I was looking for a substitute for a cool pink- but this has multiple shades of pink. Also $4.99

L'Oreal Linear Intense in Carbon Black


Bloggers and Youtube gurus have likened this to Lancome's Artliner and they are exactly right. I swatched Lancome's similar liner today at Sephora and the tip is identical. A very black liner with good color payoff and no streaking. Smooth application that is very very easy. I've been using Lorac's Front of the Line Pro liner for some time and have been tempted to try others, but have talked myself out of spending more money because I thought I had something so similar already. This is totally different (Lorac's version has a brush end that can be messy and hard to create a straight, strong line with). Think I paid $7.99--- way better than the $29 Sephora is charging!!

Aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditioner
I forgot to mention this in my youtube video. I tried this once a while back, and couldn't stand the smell so returned it. After all the raves from bloggers, I've decided to try it again and maybe just mix it with another conditioner to mask the smell and make it more bearable in the shower (I'm pretty sensitive to strong scents). It isn't a horrible smell- just tropically mango scented. It is pretty thick and hopefully it can mend some of the heat damage I've done to my hair.




2 comments:

  1. Great haul! I'm glad you mentioned the Rimmel blushes are powdery. I can skip them now. Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely powdery. It looks nice on the skin, but by dipping the brush in the product, a lot comes off.

    ReplyDelete