About Me

My photo
I love makeup. For 2 years now I've been following beauty blogs and logging into YouTube to check out all the new trends. This is my sophomore blog.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bethenny Frankel's Naturally Thin & Healthy Eating Goals

Bethenny Frankel's Naturally Thin

I was a sucker and paid $16 for this at Borders--- really cheap at Amazon, but I really wanted it and wanted to get motivated to get healthy again. So far, the book is a really good read and a lot of it makes sense. Bethenny talks about "rules" she's set up to being "Naturally Thin" that start with treating eating like your bank account. It's all about balance. So if you eat something like pasta for lunch, you need to balance out the starches with vegetables and meat in the evening. This makes a lot of sense and I think a lot more doable than counting every calorie that you eat.

Another point I liked is "the differential", meaning the difference between eating something really healthy and something horrible for you, but really really tasty. She uses an example of eating beef chili and turkey chili. Both of these taste similar so eating the "unhealthy" version with beef isn't worth the extra calories to her than eating the turkey version. Another choice between poached chicken breast and butter cooked NY strip steak has a huge differential. She'd much rather enjoy eating the steak (who wouldn't!?) than eating the chicken-- so the pleasure difference, or differential is much greater with the steak.

I'm going to use this as motivation--- eating more healthy and working out regularly. I feel like I've slipped into a habit of obsessing- over sweets, cravings etc. I want to eat- not out of necessity for pleasure. I would also like to work out at least 4 times a week- 30 minutes of cardio and 15 or so of weight training. I'm at 151, but I'd like to get down to maybe 135.

No comments:

Post a Comment