About Me

My photo
I love makeup. For 2 years now I've been following beauty blogs and logging into YouTube to check out all the new trends. This is my sophomore blog.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub

Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub
After hearing some hype about this product on youtube and from Lollipop26, I knew I'd have to give it a try. It seems counterintuitive, but whenever I regularly moisturize my lips, I find that I need to exfoliate almost daily. It's been hard to apply lipstick on the go because I've been noticing unexpected unevenness.

I decided on the Mint Julips because 1 I love mint and 2 I love chocolate/sweetness and 3 mint chocolate ice cream is my fav!! The other flavor was bubblegum and I sweet lips (??), but I thought this was the best. Bubblegum is self explanatory (not a huge fan in general) and sweet lips is a chocolate flavor. I felt like this was definitely effective for scrubbing lips clean, but I noticed the messiness in application.
The first time I tried this, I think the portion I took out of the pot actually fell off my finger and into the sink. So I wouldn't necessarily take this with me for application out of the house. Because of this, I think I ended up using a little more than usual- but maybe I'm not using it entirely correctly. Bonus is that when you're done scrubbing, you just lick this off your lips and you get a sweet treat out of it :)

2 comments:

  1. I bought the bubblegum one when they first came out and I completely agree with the application. I think perhaps more product has ended up in the sink than on my lips! It worked great, but since I purchased this, I noticed alot of youtubers dyi videos for the same item. I think next time making it myself would be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh I know!! I feel like a lot of LUSH stuff is either really fantastic- or horrible!

    ReplyDelete