About Me

My photo
I love makeup. For 2 years now I've been following beauty blogs and logging into YouTube to check out all the new trends. This is my sophomore blog.

Monday, March 14, 2011

No, I'm not dead...

Wow, it's been a while. Lots has happened since I've last posted. I began a PhD program and have lost my life in the process.

So in the vein of makeup, what's new? Well, I took 2 months off from buying absolutely anything (save for food, gas etc.).  I broke this new years resolution ( I guess you could call it that- even though I started it after NYD) a couple days ago to buy: a flashlight, a replacement headlight for my car (that's new too!) and mascara (need to toss every 3 months!).  I've just been trying to use up makeup and downsize everything. I've gotten to the point in life where I've experienced a short while of excess and have found that excess does not equal happiness. Excess leads to chaos. It leads to a growing desire to consume, acquire and to compete. For me, it was just the chase of wanting things. I'd purchase (the chase) and then once conquered, the new products/clothing/objects would hold no excitement for me. I'd push them aside- never taking tags off or taking them out of their boxes and continue to hunt online for the next new obsession. Not exactly the healthiest hobby.

So, I cut cold turkey and I realized I could live without and even enjoy being without.

As for my new school and program, I feel (and maybe this is just me being self conscious, but whatever...) that if I do wear makeup and dress nice, spending extra effort and time on my appearance makes me feel like others judge me. Almost like I'd be taken more seriously if I didn't do any of this. As for my makeup routine, I've been basically wearing the same makeup for a few months now. Neutral eye, cat eye (can't be without it), light bronzer and blush with balm. And my hair is blonde now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment